05 August, 2008

(1) ICON5 : here I go!!


- LEFT -
First day in NYC. I had to be by myself. And JUNe doesn't do well on her own, usually. Something bad always happened. This time, it was me being ripped off by the cap. Got some mean words from some merchant unnecessarily. Above all,
I LOST MY BIRTHDAY GIFT!!

A ring--it was given to me as a present and as a replacement for the necklace I lost the day before my birthday. That necklace was with me fore almost a year. It was a replacement for the bracelet given the year before and was damaged by my lovely papa. Not cool, papa!!
I was told to draw down the two lost objects as a reminder for it's appearance. What a smart thought. I would not have come up with that myself.

- RIGHT -
Here comes the beginning of ICON 5 --The Illustration Conference!
We started with a SKETCH CRAWL!!
It was my first time I heard that term. I kept hearing it for the whole day and was thinking, "what is that sketch crow thing?"
Should have checked the schedule more carefully, didn't I?
...
I met many interesting people though. Glad I joined the trip!

It was... one full FUN and HOT day!!!

No comments: